Public Security Info Silverstone F1 British Grand Prix 2018
Silverstone Important security information.
Silverstone have announced some details about security for the forthcoming Silverstone F1 Grand Prix 2018. Full details are up on our website as well as on Silverstone’s website.
Here are a few of most important points:
- Lots of measures to maximise public safety, working closely with the Police, emergency services and specialist advisors
- Including extensively trained security personnel, bag searches, specialist dogs and CCTV across the entire site which is monitored 24 hours every day.
- All people entering the event may be subject to extra searches of their bags and their person.
- Arrive early and allow for longer waiting times while we conduct these important searches.
- Take one bag only into the venue. It must be no bigger than a standard rucksack (max 20 litre capacity).
- No trolleys or larger bags
- Please put luggage tags on all of your bags detailing your name and mobile number, so that it can be easily identified.
- There is no luggage storage available on site.
- Don’t leave your bag or personal belongings unattended at any time
- When you approach the gates your bag needs to be accessible for searches so could we please ask that you have your coat and your bag open to facilitate a search.
- Restricted items are listed on the Silverstone Website under FAQ tab.
- Patience is requested if there are queues. Please cooperate with any security requests.
- The less you bring, the quicker you’ll get through the gates. Pack as little as possible and only bring essentials.
- Once on site you will have access to free water and we have a massive range of food outlets that cater for every taste.
- If you leave the venue to go back to your car or campsite then please ensure you have a pass out stamp as your ticket stub won’t allow you back in.
- Gates open from Thursday at 2.00pm. Friday and Saturday gates open at 7.00am and on race day at 6.00am, but check our website http://www.silverstone.co.uk/ or Facebook and Twitter for the most up to date details and event timetable.
- If you see or suspect anything suspicious then please contact a member of our team or the police straightaway.